PARKER, Christine and LEHMAN NIELSEN Vibeke (eds)
Explaining Compliance. Business Responses to Regulation
Complete reference : Christine PARKER, Vibeke L. NIELSEN (eds), Explaining Compliance. Business Responses to Regulation, Elgard Publishing, UK, 2011, 400 p.
To the cover back, click here.
To read the introduction, click here.
Table of content
PART I: MOTIVES
3. Motivating Compliance: Economic and Material Motives for Compliance
4. The Psychology of Self-Regulation: Normative Motivations for Compliance
PART II: ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
6. The Other Side of the Compliance Relationship
7. Beyond Compliance: Explaining Business Participation in Voluntary Environmental Programs
8. Internal Corporate Compliance Management Systems: Structure, Culture and Agency
PART III: REGULATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
10. Regulatory Enforcement Styles and Compliance
11. Voluntary Programs, Regulatory Compliance and the Regulation Dilemma
12. Individuals as Enforcers: The Design of Employee Reporting Systems
PART IV: SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENTS FOR REGULATION AND COMPLIANCE
14. Negotiating Social, Economic and Political Environments: Compliance with Regulation Within and Beyond the State
15. Naming and Shaming in Regulatory Enforcement
16. The Impact of Private, Industry and Transnational Civil Society Regulation and their Interaction with Official Regulation